The Center for Diversity and Inclusion (CDI) strives to enhance workforce diversity by providing career advancement and professional development opportunities for our faculty members and trainees. We also promote increased recruitment and retention among all diverse faculty, trainees and students.
Priorities and goals:
- Recruit and retain a diverse faculty and trainee community.
- Create a welcoming environment and engaging networking opportunities.
- Provide professional development, leadership advancement, and career support for diverse faculty and trainees.
Some of the things we do:
- Create networking and community building opportunities
- Organize lectures, luncheons and other events
- Support diverse faculty for academic promotion
- Assist with general career development and advancement
- Serve as consultants to academic departments on Diversity & Inclusion
- Sponsor awards, including the Minority Faculty Career Development Award (MFCDA) and Family Care Travel Award (FCTA)
- Sponsor summer training and research programs, including the Four Directions and BWH Stars programs
- The CDI also houses the Office for Women’s Careers
There are no upcoming events.